Coronavirus Update Ireland
This blog will aim to serve as a source of information for Covid-19 or Coronavirus. This blog will be updated as often as required.
The focus of this blog will be medical opinion and medical advice only. Only authoritative sources will be used. Read on below for the latest Coronavirus Update Ireland.
Update: 12th April 2021
In December, the Irish government announced that Ireland would enter Level 5 restrictions to reduce the spread of coronavirus and in particular, the new variants of the virus. Level 5 restrictions remain in place but, as of the 12th April, the following easing of restrictions have been introduced.
- From the 12th April, all students will return to schools, both primary and secondary, for the first time since December.
- People from two households can meet up outdoors for social and recreational purposes but this does not include meeting up in private gardens, in order to avoid situations arising where people would gather indoors.
- People can now travel within their county or within 20km of their home if crossing county boundaries
- Building work on residential projects can also recommence, as well as construction on childcare and early learning facilities.
- Parents are asked to continue to be vigilant for the remainder of the Easter break and following the return to school. In particular, parents are requested to avoid playdates or sleepovers so that we can continue to keep case numbers as low as possible and continue with the next phase of the reopening of schools
Under the new, eased, Level 5 restrictions, people are urged to stay local where possible and stay vigilant to minimise the risk of spreading COVID-19 to your friends, families and communities.
As of Sunday (11 April), there have been 1,058,394 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Ireland:
It remains in place that only essential retail will remain open under Level 5 restrictions. Click and collect from non-essential retail outlets will no longer be permitted after existing orders are fulfilled. Click and deliver will continue.