Doctors – (Full/Part Time) 5th Sep 2016
(Dublin & Galway)
Position: Doctors, Part time/Full Time
Company: Tropical Medical Bureau
Location: Dublin Clinics &/or Galway Clinics
The Tropical Medical Bureau is the leading travel medicine clinic in Ireland with 20 clinics nationwide.
Immediate vacancies exists for a doctor to work within our expanding team in our Dublin &/or Galway TMB Clinics. This position(s) will provide an excellent opportunity for those interested in increasing their experience in this developing branch of medicine.
Full in-house training will be provided.
An interest and experience in travel/tropical medicine would be a distinct advantage.
Medical Indemnity Insurance –
IMC registration is essential. Proof of Medical Indemnity Insurance would be desirable but not essential.
Tasks to include:
- Acting as a medical adviser to individuals and groups attending vaccination clinics
- Prescribing vaccines and other necessary medication appropriate to the needs of the individual attending the Tropical Medical Bureau
- Ensuring you are up to date on current issues related to travel medicine, vaccine administration protocol and other travel health information
When applying please include a CV
Sessional Nurse – Part Time (Dublin)
The Tropical Medical Bureau is Ireland’s largest vaccination clinic with 22 vaccination clinics nationwide. We are currently recruiting a part-time sessional nurse for our Dublin clinics. Reporting into the Medical Director & Director of Nursing, the responsibilities include:
- Administering vaccines to patients.
- Assisting in the operation of travel vaccination and medical screening clinics. Also may involve corporate, group travel and on-site vaccination services.
- Generally one nurse on duty per clinic.
- Maintaining stock level controls.
- Keeping up to date with current TMB policies and procedures.
- Providing ongoing information for registered TMB patients.
- Making sure patients are aware of all the services that TMB provide eg. 24/7 emergency line for registered patients and a full diagnostics laboratory.
Approx 16 – 20 hours per week
- Fully Qualified RGN and registered with An Bord Altranais.
- Minimum 6 months relevant experience.
- Excellent clinical skills.
- Dynamic, motivated and personable.
- Fluent English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.