Private Covid Test
TMB offer multiple private Covid-19 testing options to the general public. This private Covid test service will appeal to individuals who are simply looking for peace of mind before they visit friends or relatives, return to work, or travel abroad over the coming months.
There are three main options available including:
- Rapid private covid test at TMB drive through PCR testing facility at Leopardstown Racecourse, Dublin
- Rapid PCR tests in Dublin and selected TMB clinics across Ireland. You will visit a TMB Travel Health Clinic, where nurse will take a swab sample from your throat & nasal tissue.
- In clinic antibody testing services at selected TMB clinics in Dublin and across Ireland.
In Clinic Testing
The benefit of in-clinic testing at TMB is that as well as COVID-19 testing and certification options, our experienced team of travel health professionals can ensure that all other elements of travel health are taken care of as well. From travel vaccinations to PCR tests for travel to advice on preventing topical diseases while you travel, we are here to help.
Express PCR screening
We are pleased to offer express private PCR tests in Dublin and selected TMB clinics across Ireland. You will visit a TMB Travel Health Clinic, where nurse will take a swab sample from your throat and nasal tissue.
Tropical Medical Bureau (TMB) work in partnership with Irish lab group, PlusVital to process the tests. The sample will undergo laboratory analysis that has a > 98% accuracy rate at detecting an
active COVID-19 coronavirus infection.
- PCR Test – In-clinic throat and nasal swab
- Sample collected by a nurse at select TMB clinics in Ireland
- Sample processed by Irish laboratory group PlusVital
- Detects an active COVID-19 infection
- Express results within 24 hours *
- Fit to Fly travel certificate included
- Higher level of accuracy than home testing options
Coronavirus Antibody Tests
A blood sample can be taken to check to see if there are specific antibodies to Covid-19 present.
These are specialised proteins and indicate if you had a previous infection with the virus. These antibodies help to fight off the disease and are only produced by the body after exposure and infection has occurred.
- The presence of antibodies does not necessarily mean that the individual is protected against future attacks of Covid-19.
- Please note, antibody tests should not be used to diagnose someone as being currently sick with COVID-19. To check for a current infection, you need a viral test which checks respiratory samples, such as a swab from inside your nose.
Drive Through Testing Service
In association with TestVital Laboratory, we are providing a express RT-PCR screening service with a guaranteed result and Covid-19 travel clearance certification available within 24 hours *. This facility will be a major benefit for those planning flights or those returning to Ireland and able to benefit from the newly introduced Government 5 day quarantine clearance requirements.
- Drive through private covid testing service at Leopardstown Racecourse, Dublin and Kilkenny
- Advanced On-line booking
- Priced at €120 per person (certification included)
- Results and Certification available with 24 hours * (full refund if not available in 36 hours)
- Log in via web portal for download of results and certs
* At participating TMB clinics. Results may take up to 36 hours in certain cases due to circumstances outside of our control